Did you know?
- Only 30% of a man’s overall health is determined by his genes; this means that 70% is controllable through lifestyle.
- Men who climb 50 stairs or walk 5 city blocks a day may lower their risk of heart attack by 25%.
- Sedentary Canadians have more than 5x the risk of developing heart disease as those who exercise moderately in their free time.
- American Heart Association officially recognized physical inactivity as one of the 4 major modifiable risk factors for cardiovascular disease (CVD) along with smoking, high blood pressure, and elevated blood cholesterol.
- Men are less likely to visit their doctor for regular checkups.
- Sedentary Canadians are 60% more likely to suffer from depression than those who are active.
Hat Trick Healthy
HAT TRICK participants will be introduced to a variety of new activities, join community members, train with team representatives and try weekly step challenges!
- Free FitBit Charge HRTM
- Tracking logs
- Weekly step challenges