Did you know?
- Getting your 5-7 servings of fruit and veggies is as simple as 1 apple, ½ of an avocado, 1 stalk of celery, ½ a grapefruit, and 5 pieces of broccoli.
- It is recommended that men drink no more than 3 alcoholic drinks per day and not every day. Men who drink more than 10 drinks a week almost double their risk of type 2 diabetes.
- 58% of Canadian men aged 30-54 do not see their diet as healthy.
- Men consume about 580 extra calories per day in unhealthy snacks.
- Men who eat a lot of red meat tend to die earlier and to die more often from cardiovascular disease and cancer. Each additional daily serving of red meat increases risk of death by 13% and up to 20% if the serving is processed like in hot dogs, bacon, and cold cuts.
Hat Trick Healthy
HAT TRICK participants will be introduced to a variety of healthy eating strategies for guys, hear from community health experts, and make small changes towards a healthy lifestyle!
- Education and interactive healthy eating activities
- Tracking logs
- Weekly healthy eating challenges